Slow Car Fast
Click to see the next entry
October 27, 2010 - With the front lines finished, I moved on to the rears.
First, I needed to plumb in the pressure switch for the brake lines and the adjustable proportioning valve. The correct front/rear bias makes a huge difference to the effectiveness of a brake system, so I want to be able to fine-tune it for this particular mongrel. I considered mounting it in the cockpit as I did on a couple of my other other cars, but a street car like this one shouldn't need constant tweaking like those track-biased beasties. Besides, the routing works better this way.
The line from the master takes a bit of an odd route, circling around the body of the master. This gets the line away from the header and also gives me a chance to anchor it down. As an added bonus, it also gives more room for the vacuum line that feeds the booster.
tags: brakes